This course is designed for practicing managers. It is a course that presents a comprehensive and holistic approach to business management; focuses on the interface between a firm and its environment. The course presents key conceptual, and methodological strategic management issues that are associated with modern corporate management.
At the end of this course, students should be able to;
- Explain and evaluate a range of theories and concepts of strategy and the strategy process
- Critically review the strategy of an organization, with respect to environmental and organisational fits
- Critically review functional policies and priorities from a strategic perspective
- Synthesise theory and practice to assess the efficacy of strategic models and frameworks
- Critically evaluate implementation and control mechanisms that minimise problems in strategic change
- Produce creative solutions to strategic problems for organisations facing diverse environmental and organisational constraints, where there is incomplete information and ambiguity